top of page


If you suffered a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall on city or county property, you could be eligible for compensation. In order for there to be a claim, you must prove that you used reasonable caution while walking in a certain area, while the owner, tenant, or city/county official failed to maintain a safe and secure premises.

Many law firms do not take cases involving accidents and injuries caused by the negligence of a city or county government. These are complex cases that require a lawyer who is as familiar with governmental immunity issues. That is where our dedicated and experienced legal team comes in. Attorney Todd J. Stearn often receives referrals from other attorneys for cases that involve local municipalities. He understands governmental immunity laws and has had success with these types of cases.


If your injury or accident occurred on public property, we can help you hold the city or county liable for your losses and pain and suffering.

We have experience with many types of city and county government liability cases, including:

  • Defective roads

  • Defective sidewalks

  • Potholes on public property

  • Public building defects

  • Police brutality


While the government has immunity in most injury lawsuits, some exceptions exist. We know how to find liability in difficult cases such as these. Whether you were injured in a car accident or a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident, we can investigate your case and help you hold the city or county government accountable for its negligence. These cases are complex, so we recommend that you speak with an Michigan attorney as soon as possible.

Back to Top


bottom of page